Student internships (school)
As a school student, it is generally possible to conduct an internship at our institute. Because we wish to supervise students in a proficiant and comprehensive way, we only have limited capacities for internships. Unfortunately, the requests by far exceed the number of internships that we can offer.
If you are genuinly interested in natural sciences and molecular biology, in the profession of animal caretaker or in an activity in the administration or house technics, and if you want to apply for an internship in any case, please proceed as follows:
- Internships are distributed by the individual departments, research groups and service facilities. This is why you should familiarize yourself with the topics of the Departments, Research groups, or Service facilities on our website and find the group or facility in which you wish to apply with highest preference.
- Prepare your complete application documents (application letter, curriculum vitae in tabular form, certificates):
- State why, when and for how long you wish to conduct an internship.
- Substantiate in your letter why you are interested in the selected group or facility.
- Send your application by mail or e-mail to:
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
E-mail: email@example.com (all application documents in a single PDF file)
- We can only consider your application when your documents are complete.
- Planning internships requires a certain lead time. You should, therefore, send us your application well in advance.
- It may be helpful to address your application to several groups – possibly with the request that your application should be forwarded to a particular group when the primary addressee does not have any vacancies. However, here too, you should substantiate your interest seriously.
We wish you good luck with your application!