Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Tel.: +49 251 70365-0
Our institute is situated in the northwest of Münster. You have several option to reach us.
Train and Bus
ICE, IC and EC trains arrive at Münster central station (Hauptbahnhof).
From here take:
either a taxi: approximately 10 minutes, 5 km; or
take the bus: ca. 25-30 minutes total from the train station.
- City bus 5 (gate B2 in front of the train station) direction Nienberge Hannaschweg, or
- City bus 11 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Auenviertel,
- City bus 12 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Heekweg
Leave the bus at the stop "Schreiberstraße". Walk approx. 50 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn right to follow the signs. After about 250 m take the left turn into the "Röntgenstraße". The Max Planck Institute is on the rigth-hand side.
- City bus 4 (gate C3 in front of the train station) direction Alte Sternwarte, or
- City bus 13 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Technologiepark
Leave the bus at the stop "Wilhelm-Klemm-Straße". Follow the signs "Max-Planck-Institute": walk approx. 100 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn left into "Röntgenstraße". After approx. 100 m pass through a small roundabout on the left side, and immediately turn to the right. After a left turn, the Max Planck Institute is on the right-hand side.
Alternatively, you can rent a bike at the 'Radstation', directly at the train station. Further information is listed here: Radstation
(Driving time from highway exit Münster North: ca. 10 minutes)
Anfahrt über A1 (Abfahrt Münster-Nord)
Approach Münster by autobahn on the A1 until you reach the exit "Münster-Nord"
- Leave the autobahn (A1) and head for the city center of Münster (Münster-Zentrum) (B54)
- Follow the B54 (later called Steinfurter Straße).
- After 2.5 km turn right from Steinfurter Straße into Orleans-Ring.
- After 500 m turn right into Appfelstaedtstraße.
- At the next traffic light turn left.
- Take the second turn to the right into Röntgenstraße.
- Immediately after passing through a small roundabout on the left side, turn right.
After a left turn, the Max Planck Institute is located on the right-hand side of the street (time from exit Münster-Nord: ca. 10 minutes).
Airport Münster/Osnabrück (FMO)
take a taxi: 30 minutes driving time, 25 km, or
take the bus: driving time in total from FMO: 50 to 60 minutes
From Airport FMO take bus line S50, R51 or D50.
Get off Münster train station "Münster Hauptbahnhof".
From there please follow the directions for train arrival.