Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Tel.: +49 251 70365-0
Our institute is situated in the northwest of Münster. You have several option to reach us.
Train and Bus
ICE, IC and EC trains arrive at Münster central station (Hauptbahnhof).
From here take:
either a taxi: approximately 10 minutes, 5 km; or
take the bus: ca. 25-30 minutes total from the train station.
Münster central station: map and bus platform overview
- City bus 5 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Nienberge Hannaschweg, or
- City bus 11 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Dieckmannstraße, or
- City bus 22 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Heekweg
City busses 5, 11 and 22: Leave the bus at the stop "Schreiberstraße". Walk approx. 50 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn right to follow the signs "Max-Planck-Institut". After about 250 m take the left turn into the "Röntgenstraße". The Max Planck Institute is on the right-hand side.
- City bus 2 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Alte Sternwarte, or
- City bus 13 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Technologiepark
City busses 2 and 13: Leave the bus at the stop "Wilhelm-Klemm-Straße". Follow the signs "Max-Planck-Institut": walk approx. 100 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn left into "Röntgenstraße". After approx. 100 m pass through a small roundabout on the left side, and immediately turn to the right. After a left turn, the Max Planck Institute is on the right-hand side.
According to Stadtwerke Münster, the connections with the city busses 11 and 22 are suitable for wheelchair users (boarding and arrival bus stops).
Alternatively, you can rent a bike at the 'Radstation', directly at the train station. Further information is listed here: Radstation
(Driving time from highway exit Münster North: ca. 10 minutes; please add ca. 10 minutes extra in commuter traffic times)
Approach Münster by autobahn on the A1 until you reach the exit "Münster-Nord"
- Leave the autobahn (A1) and head for the city center of Münster (Münster-Zentrum) (B54)
- Follow the B54 (later called Steinfurter Straße) for approx. 3 km
- At the third traffic light, turn right into Austermannstraße (Max-Planck-Inst. is signposted)
- Take two roundabouts straight ahead
- At the third roundabout, take three fourth and turn into Mendelstraße
- At the first traffic light turn right into Corrensstraße
- Take the second turn to the right into Röntgenstraße
- Immediately after passing through a small roundabout on the left side, turn right.
After a left turn, the Max Planck Institute is located on the right-hand side of the street (time from exit Münster-Nord: ca. 10 minutes).
take a taxi: 30 minutes driving time, 25 km, or
take the bus: driving time in total from FMO: 50 to 60 minutes
From Airport FMO take bus line S50, R51 or D50.
Get off Münster train station "Münster Hauptbahnhof".
From there please follow the directions for train arrival.