Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Tel.: +49 251 70365-0
Our institute is situated in the northwest of Münster. You have several option to reach us.
ICE, IC and EC trains arrive at Münster central station (Hauptbahnhof).
From here take:
either a taxi: approximately 10 minutes, 5 km; or
take the bus: ca. 25-30 minutes total from the train station.
Münster central station: map and bus platform overview
- City bus 5 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Nienberge Hannaschweg, or
- City bus 11 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Dieckmannstraße, or
- City bus 22 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Gievenbeck Heekweg
City busses 5, 11 and 22: Leave the bus at the stop "Schreiberstraße". Walk approx. 50 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn right to follow the signs "Max-Planck-Institut". After about 250 m take the left turn into the "Röntgenstraße". The Max Planck Institute is on the right-hand side.
- City bus 2 (gate C1 in front of the train station) direction Alte Sternwarte, or
- City bus 13 (gate B1 in front of the train station) direction Technologiepark
City busses 2 and 13: Leave the bus at the stop "Wilhelm-Klemm-Straße". Follow the signs "Max-Planck-Institut": walk approx. 100 m in driving direction (of the bus) and turn left into "Röntgenstraße". After approx. 100 m turn to the right. After a left turn in the road, the Max Planck Institute is on the right-hand side.
According to Stadtwerke Münster, the connections with the city busses 11 and 22 are suitable for wheelchair users (boarding and arrival bus stops).
Alternatively, you can rent a bike at the 'Radstation', directly at the train station. Further information is listed here: Radstation
(Driving time from highway exit Münster North: ca. 10 minutes; please add ca. 10 minutes extra in commuter traffic times)
Approach Münster by autobahn on the A1 until you reach the exit "Münster-Nord"
- Leave the autobahn (A1) and head for the city center of Münster (Münster-Zentrum) (B54)
- Follow the B54 (later called Steinfurter Straße) for approx. 3 km
- At the third traffic light, turn right into Austermannstraße (Max-Planck-Inst. is signposted)
- Take two roundabouts straight ahead
- At the third roundabout, take three fourth and turn into Mendelstraße
- At the first traffic light turn right into Corrensstraße
- Take the second turn to the right into Röntgenstraße (the new road leads straight onwards; the sign has not yet been changed and still shows the way to the small roundabout to the left)
- Turn right
After a left turn in the road, the Max Planck Institute is located on the right-hand side of the street (time from exit Münster-Nord: ca. 10 minutes).
Airport Münster/Osnabrück (FMO)
take a taxi: 30 minutes driving time, 25 km, or
take the bus: driving time in total from FMO: 50 to 60 minutes
From Airport FMO take bus line S50, R51 or D50.
Get off Münster train station "Münster Hauptbahnhof".
From there please follow the directions for train arrival.